|Prices - including tax|
|All amounts in US Dollar $|
|Our Adult Telephone Rate"Our Adult Telephone Rate" is the Alcatraz Media Inc. rate for this tour/activity. This is the rate charged for orders placed by telephone. :||$52.95|
Our Adult Internet Rate"Internet Rate" is the Alcatraz Media Inc. rate for orders placed online.
|Your Internet Order Savings:||$5.00|
Our Child Rate
Child - Free
Drive past levees that breached and see the resulting devastation that displaced hundreds of thousands of residents.
This tour travels through neighborhoods such as Lakeview, Gentilly, New Orleans East, St. Bernard and the Ninth Ward.
Length: 3 hours
-Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
-November through February
1:00 pm daily
-March through October
See Special Schedule Notes below.
Summary: This tour does not offer hotel pick-up. Child age is 6 to 12; children under 6 are free (when riding in an adult's lap). Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 800-301-3184.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown includes any and all taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
There will be NO tours on Mardi Gras, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
- Learn the history of the original city, the French Quarter, and why it was built at this particular location along the Mississippi River.
- We'll drive past an actual levee that "breached" and see the resulting devastation that displaced hundreds of thousands of US residents.
- The direct connection between America's disappearing coastal wetlands, oil & gas pipelines, levee protection and hurricane destruction will be explained.
- Your tour guide will give a "local's" chronology of events leading up to Hurricane Katrina and the days immediately following the disaster.
- You'll be amazed at the volume and variety of products "off loaded" in the multimodal port of New Orleans, the second largest port in the country, and then distributed to your hometown!
- Did you know that 30% of the seafood (fish, crabs, shrimp, oysters, and crawfish) harvested in the lower 48 states comes from the coastal wetlands in South Louisiana?
- After this tour, you'll have a better understanding of events pre and post Katrina and the "Rebirth of New Orleans!"
This tour does not offer hotel pick-up. Child age is 6 to 12; children under 6 are free (when riding in an adult's lap). Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 800-301-3184.